Animal Health Certificate

Since we left the European Union, there have been some major changes to the rules which allow pets to travel in and out of the UK.

If you are hoping to travel abroad with your pet, it is very important you contact the practice as soon as possible to discuss the requirements with one of our veterinary surgeons. All travelling pets will require a microchip and up to date Rabies vaccination. Additionally, most travelling pets will require an Animal Health Certificate which is issued by a vet within 10 days of leaving the UK. The current cost of an Animal Health Certificate (updated October 2022 and subject to change) is £240. Due to a restricted availability of certification appointments, it is important you inform us of your intention to travel with as much notice as possible to avoid disappointment. Please visit the following website for more information on travel requirements